Friday, July 24, 2009

Camp Meeting Day 5

Last night we had our "Red, White, and Blue Night!" We had all the veterans to come and we sung God Bless America and we also said the pledge of allegiance. I'm not sure which preacher said this (I think it was Paul Hagen), but he said that we needed to thank those men that we still had the freedom to gather. We gave them a standing ovation.

Also last night Paul Hagen wrote a note and had Nathan to come and get it. I saw Nathan reading it then I saw Paul give a thumbs up and I knew something good was going to happen. So Paul said that he ask Nathan if he had a song to sign. Nathan signed "Amazing Grace My Chains Are Gone." Nathan did a very outstanding job and we all gave him a standing ovation and when he came off the stage he pointed up. It was so wonderful that Nathan didn't want any of the glory he wanted it to go to God.

Delmar Rogers preached last night and he talked about every time he sees the flag he gets chills up and down his spine. He said he didn't worship the symbol but it was a reminded of what people had to go through for freedom. He also stated every time he sees a cross no matter where it is at, he gets chills thinking about the cross. The title of his message was, why I love the cross.

He read from Galatians 6:14 and he said the word glory in the verse was a verb because it is an action word. He stated that glory was to rejoice. He said Paul didn't want people to look at him but to the cross.

Then he went on to ask the question, what's so special about the cross? He said every time he sees a cross he is reminded that the love of God is made known to us because of the cross (John 3:16). He read Romans 6:23...

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

The wages of sin is death but the gift is manifested because of the cross and the cross reminds us that God loves us and Jesus loves us. Also we are reconciled by the cross or protected by the cross (Romans 5:8 and 9). By the cross we are separated from the world. There is power through the cross. It is the cross that reminds us that God will supply our every need (Romans 8:31). God gave us His best (His son) and he can freely give us our needs. Their is no other remedy for sin but the cross (Acts 4:12 and Isaiah 53:4 and 5). The good news is that it didn't end at the cross because three days later Jesus Christ arose again.

During altar call there was again many that came. Tonight Brian Baer will be preaching. Paul asked if people would pray extra hard for the service tonight. There has been people coming every night that needs either to be saved or helped. I thought I would go ahead and mention this, I don't know when I'll be able to post about tonight. Tomorrow we have our Sunday School Rally and tomorrow night I'm going to stay with a friend. It may be Monday when I make my post. I'm looking forward to posting because I have pictures of all the Sunday School banners and I can't wait to share them.

No comments: