He was trained some by Ted Betley in England. Then he relocated to Calgary, Alberta, Canada and began training under Stu Hart. In Calgary he met Stu's youngest daughter Diana and they were married in 1984, they divorced in 2000. They have two children.
His wrestling career started when he was 16 years old. Then he moved to Canada and trained under Stu Hart and began wrestling for Stampede Wrestling. He also wrestled some in Japan. Between 1985 to 2000 he was bounced back and forth between WCW and WWF (now WWE). After his first WWF (now WWE) run he went back to Stampede and New Japan, but mostly he went from company to company. One week before he died he had wrestled in three tag team matchs with his son Harry.
Championships and accomplishments include....
- Stampede International Tag Team Championship (4 times) - with brother-in-law Bruce Hart (2) and with his cousin The Dynamite Kid (2)
- Stampede North American Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
- Stampede World Mid-Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- WWF European Championship (2 times, he was the first person to win this title)
- WWF Hardcore Championship (2 times)
- WWF Intercontinental Championship (1 time)
- WWF World Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with his cousin The Dynamite Kid and with his brother-in-law the late Owen Hart
Today I wanted to post a video I made in memory of Davey Boy Smith. I hope you all enjoy. Davey Boy Smith Tribute Video (Click Here)