Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Who Said They Could Not Preach???

1 Corinthians 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
1 Corinthians 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
1 Corinthians 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1 Corinthians 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

You are probably by now wondering what I am talking about. Who said they could not preach, was the question that I put for my title. And here is my answer, "children." People don't believe they have enough experience to preach to adults. The verses I put above says that God uses the foolish and weak things to confound (confuse) the wise. I believe that God will equip those he calls. When a child that preaches and has knowledge and will say things that some adult preachers won't say then God is using them.

This is something that I never knew before. One night we were coming home and we were discussing people who didn't agree with children preachers. All of a sudden my dad says, "do you know who dad (my grandpa) says was a big reason why he got saved." We said who and he said a 7 year old preacher. My grandpa who is 90 years old and has been a Christian for a long, long time and he preaches the gospel himself says that a 7 year old was the one who shared the gospel with him. This was something I never knew. I've heard a 7 year old in April of 2008 give a message, then the evangelist gets up and said that the little boy almost preached his message and he begins to preach. The 7 year old and the evangelist were right in sync with one another. Now that is God!!!

Awhile back I found these videos of a 10 year old preacher. I've actually wrote a line down that he said and when I get down and depressed, I say it to myself. I hope you enjoy these videos.



2 comments:

Shonda said...

The Lord can use whomever He wants to share His message.

I'll have to come back and watch the videos.

Engrafted by His Grace-
Shonda

Kristi said...

I'll have to watch these later, but I agree that God can use anyone! No matter their age. Let us not forget that Christ was 12 when He was teaching in the temple.

:)

~Kristi