Wednesday, June 27, 2007

UPDATE: On The Benoit Family

Well I promised a update on what happened with the Benoit family. Benoit strangled his wife and suffocated his little boy. Then Benoit hanged himself with a weight-machine pulley. Some people are blaming "Roid Rage" (something steroids cause). Also I heard that Chris Benoit stuffed from paranoia after the death of his friend Eddie Guerrero. Also something else brought to light today, is that Benoit and his wife had been fighting over the care of their child. Little Daniel suffered from a medical condition called Fragile X Syndrome. It is a inherited mental retardation often accompanied by autism. To tell the truth we may never know the real reasons why this sad tragedy happened.

In a article that I had read, it said that Benoit actually went to his doctor's office Friday morning. What I understand is he just went to say hi, but the doctor didn't see anything unusual going on with Benoit. His doctor even made the statement that he is surprised and shocked that this happened, especially over Daniel, because he said that Benoit worshipped his son.

What makes me upset over the whole thing (besides Benoit doing this crazy thing) is if you go over to WWE.com they have taken everything of Chris Benoit from their site. They won't sale his items anymore, and why this upsets me is the fact that they will probably not have a fund that they can put money into for Benoit's two children and Nancy's family. It is sort of like he never existed, and we should not condone what he did, but he should be remembered as a great wrestler.

Last night I was talking to mom on the phone and ask my mom if I was weird, because for some reason I can't hate Chris Benoit. I hate what he did but I try to think about the good things about him. And I am sort of surprised, but most people feel the same way that I feel. I was reading some e-mails earlier about the whole situation. Most folks don't agree with what he did, but they still respect him as the wrestler he was. They also made the same statement that I did, about them not being his judge. Today I took a poll and it ask if your opinion of Benoit has changed. The results were that 34% said yes, 12% said not really, 27% said no not at all and 26% were undecided at this moment. To me, not really and no not at all are the same. So if you add that together then 39% of people still respect the wrestler Chris Benoit.

Before I end this long blog I will say that professional wrestling has their demons. It is a nasty business. I watched wrestling between the years of 1997-2000 and their was a lot of deaths during those years. Since I started and stopped watching wrestling I have seen, Brian Pillman, Owen Hart, Davey Boy Smith, Rick Rude, Curt Hennig, Eddie Guerrero, Crash Holly, Miss Elizabeth, Johnny Grunge, Rocco Rock, Road Warrior Hawk, Louie Spicolli, Bam Bam Bigelow, Renegade, Mike Awesome, Chris Candido, and Sherri Martel (June 15, 2007) all die. I know I probably have left someone off the list, but you get the point. Some deaths were tragic and some were not, but there is stress going on in wrestling. Also if you would look into The Von Erich Family, now there is a wrestling family with a lot of demons in their closet.

No comments: