Saturday, January 8, 2011

Psalm 37

The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way. Psalm 37:23

Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand. Psalm 37:24

I have to thank Kristi from Thimble Thoughts for a post she did about forgiving others. Kristi and I met here on Blogger and since then we have become Facebook friends. When Kristi posted her blog telling us we need to forgive, I decided to ask her to pray for me because I have problems forgiving others. She said she would pray for me and she also told me to read Psalm 37. Who knew Psalm 37 would open up a bunch of other feelings that I have been going through.

The year of 2010 was really hard for me and my mind. I've faced depression before but I believe it was harder in 2010. So much that I didn't think I would make it through the winter and I even told a few.

I won't lie but I became very angry with God and I couldn't hear His voice. The only voices I heard was the ones speaking to my mind telling me I was worthless and didn't have a purpose. I wanted to escape the thoughts and I would pray but it was as if God wasn't listening. As I said I had talked with others but one night I swallowed my pride and stood at church and told everyone most of the things I had been going through and ask them to pray for me. That was very hard for me to do because as I said, I had the original sin of pride in my heart.

So things have become to get better and now when I look back I see that God's grace pulled me through. I know at the time I couldn't be delighted to be facing what I was going through but I'm delighted now that God helped me. And when I felt cast down He was there to uphold me.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

So glad that passage of Scripture has and will continue to help you as you hold fast to it. I admit that I have a problem with the same thing. Forgiveness is difficult and if we allow bitterness to take root it can kill us spiritually.
Love you, Starla. You're a blessing. :)

~Kristi