Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Spring Jubilee Day 2

Last night was youth night at Jubilee. The Spring Jubilee choir sung first and they sung "I Know My Name Is There" and "Wonderful Grace Of Jesus." These are two songs I had never heard before. The Browders sung last night. This is really the first time I had heard them in person. I'd seen them on TV before. The one son sounded like Adam Crabb of the Crabb Family (before The Crabb Family started to blur the lines of Southern Gospel music). They sung "Waiting on my Change" at least two or three times and Jacob Berry took a rolling spell. They also sung a song I really like called "My Heart Will Never Break Again."

After The Browders finished singing Jacob had Mike and Teresa Blanton and Brian Baer to sing "One Step." Mike Blanton had wrote "One Step" in memory of the late Calvin Evans (Calvin Ray Evans' dad). Then instead of Jacob quoting his scripture they played a video of the late Calvin Evans reading 1 Samuel 20:3...

...there is but a step between me and death. 1 Samuel 20:3

Jacob used the late Calvin Evans sermon and made it his own. The title of his message was "The Step of Death or The Step of Life." Jacob preached about how Calvin Evans preached this message called The Step of Death and eight hours later he passed away and really he didn't take the step of death he took a step of life. He quoted many scriptures and I tried to write them all down, Hebrews 9:27, John 5:24-26, John 11:25-26, and John 3:16.

He preached that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. Jesus took the step of death so we could take the step of life. Also for the Christian the step of death is a sweet step. He said that there is only one way to God and that is through Jesus (John 14:6). He told that for the Christian there is a step of life, but there is a step of death for the sinner and he quoted Romans 6:23 and Revelation 21:8. And when you've taken the step of death you can't step back! He finished his message telling a story of a teenage boy who was walking on the railroad tracks listening to his Ipod with the volume up loud. He didn't think he would be hit and as he took his last steps into eternity he couldn't hear his last warning (the train whistle). Satan has sinners that they can't hear the warning.

After the service 3 souls were saved and it being youth night they had pizza for the youth. Also I was very happy to be able to go to Jubilee with my friend Trish last night. On Sunday Trish went to the altar, she is one person I've been praying for a long time. Tonight The Primitives will be singing. I'm not really sure who will be preaching. If I had to guess I would say Brian Baer might preach tonight.

No comments: