Thursday, April 16, 2009

Where have I been?

Well I know it may seem that I disappeared, but Easter weekend was busy in more ways then one. Thursday my mom and dad went to Jackson, Ohio because my niece had knee surgery again. My nephew came home with them. Then that night we went to the funeral home because my great uncle Harold passed away. Friday was Harold's funeral (which my grandpa helped preach, my grandpa is 91 years old). Saturday we took my nephew home then went to church for a Easter musical, we made it with 3 minutes to spare. I was sort of upset getting there that close to the starting time of the musical. Sunday morning we had church and Sunday night we went to the Passion play at North Moreland Christian Baptist church. Monday my cousins Brandon and Marcy came over. So we have been really busy. If for any reason in the future I'm not on here blogging, you can look on the sidebar where I make at least one Twitter update a day.

My great uncle Harold had been a Christian for a long time. He was 95 years old and he had a twin brother Homer that was a preacher and he passed away in 2004. When I thought about Harold passing away this verse came to me.

Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints. Psalm 116:15



Harold is the one sitting down with the cane (Homer his twin brother looked just like him). By Harold is my grandpa Wilford and sitting next to him is Sallie (she passed away 2006, Sallie was one of mamaw's friend my mom's mom). Standing behind from L to R is Willie (he passed away in 2007), J.R. and Russell. There was 9 children all together in my grandpa's family Emma died in 1999, Homer as I said before died 2004, and Wayne lives in Michigan. Even though funerals are really meant to mourn, we didn't mourn because we all know Harold is in a better place. Also it was nice to see family that I haven't seen in a while. I was able to sit and talk with my uncle J.R. I have always enjoyed my grandpa's family, I have/had really good great uncles and aunts.

No comments: