Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What I have learned about the devil.

Ah, I've jumped right back into the the titles that is going to grab people's attentions.

First things first these are a few things I've picked up from my pastor (Paul Hagen). How tall is the devil? Oh he is about two inches tall because he stands on your shoulder and whispers into your ear. Also if you give the devil an inch he'll be your ruler.

Here is what I've learned from the Bible about the devil. In Luke 4:1-13 when Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness the old devil came along and started to tempt him (Jesus). And the Bible says this...

And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, if thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence: (v. 9)

For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee: (v. 10)

And in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. (v. 11)

In verse 10 it plainly says the devil said, "for it is written." This is what I've learned. If the devil said that, then he quoted scripture. You know what that means? The devil knows the Bible. So if the devil knows it, we need to know it more because when he comes around whispering, we (and I personally) don't want to listen to what he is trying to do to us.

It still makes me sick when I think about the so called preacher who told his people they didn't need to learn scripture. Folks we NEED to know it. I NEED TO KNOW IT!!! I battle all the time and my good friends tell me all the time I need to quote the scripture so that way my mind won't be idle. It's true what they say, "An idle mind is the devil's workshop." And if you don't know, the mind is a battlefield and the Bible is a sword to use to fight on/in that battlefield.

Ephesians 6:17 says...

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Lets prepare to win!!!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

AMEN!!! If we didn't need to know it, the Bible wouldn't tell us to HIDE it in our HEARTS!
I like that about the devil knowing Scripture. Well, not that he knows Scripture, but the point brought out by it. Good thought!

~Kristi