Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Light and The Shadow

The other day when I was waiting for the church bus to pick me up for Spring Jubilee I was looking through one of my Bibles and ran into a beautiful quote. The quote was made by D. L. Moody. The quote said this...

"The valley of the shadow of death holds no darkness for the child of God. There must be light, else there could be no shadow. Jesus is the light; he has overcome death." D. L. Moody

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;... Psalm 23:4

...I am the light of the world. John 9:5 (This was Jesus speaking.)

If I had never read that quote the other day, I would never thought about it. This is so beautiful because when it comes down to the end of someones life then we don't have to fear. We have someone there even when we feel like it may be dark. In order for there to be a shadow there has to be some source of light and that source of light is Jesus. This is evidence that we always have someone with us.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

What a great quote from D L Moody!! I really like that!!

~Kristi