Friday, November 21, 2008

Psalm 121

This has always been one of my favorite Psalms. I think it is sort of funny when our pastor wants us to share verses from the Bible at church, that I have never been able to read this scripture. The reason is, there is a elderly lady at our church who loves this Psalm also. So I know she will always read it. If anything ever happens to her, I'll stand up for her and tell everyone that this was her favorite Psalm and I'll read it in memory of her.

Psalm 121

I will lift mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. (verse 1)

My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. (verse 2)

He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. (verse 3)

Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. (verse 4)

The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand. (verse 5)

The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. (verse 6)

The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. (verse 7)

The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore. (verse 8)

1 comment:

Shonda said...

Great Psalm. It brings such comfort to know HE never sleeps or slumbers, but is always looking over us.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Thanksgivng.

Engrafted by His Grace-
Shonda