Saturday, October 4, 2008

It's Amazing What A Prayer Can Do

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1

The above photo shows how prayer can save lives. If it had not been for the prayers of a family, that God would keep his protecting hand on their family member. Then the person driving this car might have been killed. IT'S JUST AMAZING WHAT A PRAYER CAN DO!!!!!!!!!! I've been wanting to share the lyrics of this song for awhile. The other day I wrote the words down so I could post them on here.

It's Amazing What A Prayer Can Do
Written by Mike Upright

There was a king who got a letter.
A mighty army with number.
He spread it out, there for the Lord to get a view.
God sent a prophet and just one angel.
The devil's army split into.
IT'S JUST AMAZING WHAT A PRAYER CAN DO!

Chorus: Its moved mountains, parted rivers, brought the dead to life again.
I've called upon an old prayer warrior a time or two.
If your in trouble, I'll go down on my bended knee for you.
IT'S JUST AMAZING WHAT A PRAYER CAN DO!

I've seen a momma and a baby.
He fought for life the whole night through.
It seemed all hope was gone,
Oh how the tears did fall, not just a few.
But there's ole' grandpa over in the corner.
He knew the blood would pull him through.
And that baby's still alive to show what prayer can do.

Chorus: Its moved mountains, parted rivers, brought the dead to life again.
I've called upon an old prayer warrior a time or two.
If your in trouble I'll go down on my bended knee for you.
IT'S JUST AMAZING WHAT A PRAYER CAN DO!!!!!!!

The photo below is one of my favorite photos from our camp meeting.

3 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

He sure is good to protect us like He does. What a blessing that He hears our prayers.
Love the song!

Kristi said...

Mike Upright writes some beautiful songs. We have a friend that used to travel and sing with Brother Mike and he's been at our church several times. We also saw him July 4th weekend at the Primitive's singing in Hominey Valley.

That car was terrible looking. I'm glad the Lord protected that person.

~Kristi

Anonymous said...

You look at that car and question how someone could still be alive after that? But, we know the answer to that question!

God is good...all the time!