Thursday, June 19, 2008

Seeking A Strong Tower For Refuge


My dad has a nursing home service once a month. My dad ask me if I would speak at the service that was Tuesday. So I did, I read Psalm 61:1-4 and spoke a little about those verses. After we came home I started to think more in depth on verse 3.

Psalm 61:3 For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.

Here is another verse that came to my mind...

The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe. Proverbs 18:10

I thought about how the strong tower is a refuge from our enemies. When we as Christians are spiritually down we need a safe place to go to and a hiding place. If I ever need a refuge from the enemy I want to be in a strong tower. The Leaning Tower of Pisa to me personally does not look very safe. One reason because it is leaning, I'm just stating the facts. But isn't it wonderful to know that we have a strong tower that we can run to.

Psalm 18:2 says...

The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God; my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. Psalm 18:2

So not only do we have a strong tower, but we have a high tower we can run to.

No comments: