Sunday, August 26, 2007

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

Rain, rain, go away, come again another day was probably the exact statement I was making last night. Even if last night was the Bristol race, I didn't care about it because my family and I went to the local dirt track. I really like the dirt track, it is great. I like to be right up front and have the rocks and dirt hit you right in the face. Also the smells and sounds and the action going on. I know I sound weird, but I have always liked it.

So we watched qualifying and then they started hot laps. I think after the first set of hot laps the announcer said the track that is a hour away had to quit because of rain. Everyone started to get worried, but they kept going. Then it hit us and we just stayed there in the rain.

About 10:30 p.m. they finally told us that they would not be able to race. So we left, but they had so many people there that we had to wait, so we just sit there in the van. Then I heard someone say something about Bristol and my brain started working. I told my dad to turn the radio on. So we listened to the race. We had fun though. They rescheduled for September, but knowing my luck for this summer it will rain again. I mean I went to Cedar Point the first part of August and I thought we would get rained out then. What is it with me and rain???

2 comments:

Racefan57 said...

nothing like a good radio broadcast!! I went to Cedar Point in 1974... still in high school then and lived up on Lake Mich.

Anonymous said...

Just watch...we'll get to the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame and it will start raining in December. LOL

Oh well, at least we'll be indoors!